THE VERNON STORY
Vernon Hardware was started by Walter Vernon Maier in 1948 as a supplier of materials for the coal mining industry. The strong suit of the company then was the production and marketing of specialty items for the coal industry. These items carried the trademark name of Black Diamond Brand Products.
In 1975 Joe Derr, Sr. took over the company. In 1978 the company started making wire rope slings and changed the name to The Vernon Corporation. At this time they also decided to diversify their product offerings to attract construction and industrial companies.
It was at this time that Joe Derr, Jr. joined the company full time and started focusing on lifting and load securement products. This led Vernon to start fabricating Wire Rope Slings, Nylon and Polyester Web Slings, Polyester Roundslings, Alloy Chain Slings, and more. As they expanded their capabilities they became a leading supplier of fabricated lifting products to the Automotive, Aluminum, Steel, Marine, Tower, Construction, Industrial, and Mining industries. With the main focus on quality and safety, Vernon tested and verified the strengths of their fabricated products.
The company continued to evolve by adding new products and entering new markets. Then in 1978, the company began to specialize in lifting products. Vernon became a member of AWRF (Associated Wire Rope Fabricators) and broadened our products lines even further to cover all lifting, pulling, and load securement segments of the diverse industry base that we now cover.
In 2018 Joe Derr, Jr retired after following in his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps for over 43 years. This is when Vernon Corporation joined the other branches of Fulcrum Lifting as Vernon Lifting Products.
VERNON LIFTING PRODUCTS
6700 Frito Lay Dr.
Evansville, IN 47715